Even without a GeoJSON file, you can still place your landscape boundary on the map by digitally drawing it using Terraso’s tool!
Tip: Use this icon at the top right of the map to explore different map layers: satellites, streets, etc…
- Find your landscape’s general location on the map. You can either
- Use the search bar at the top of the map. Start by typing in a city, town, region, or even an exact address!
- Use your mouse/trackpad to drag the map and zoom in/out.
- Begin drawing your landscape boundary
- Click the “draw a polygon” tool on the left side of the map. Now, when you click on a spot on the map, the tool marks that spot as part of your landscape boundary!
- Continue drawing your landscape boundary by clicking on the map, and move/zoom in/out around the map as needed.
- Finish your boundary drawing, either by
- Clicking on the first point you made, or
- Clicking “Close Shape” next to the “draw a polygon” tool icon.
Make sure you click the “Add Landscape”/”Update Map” button below the map to upload your landscape boundary to your Terraso landscape page!
Editing Your Landscape Boundary Drawing
- Click the “Edit polygon” tool on the left side of the map. With this tool, you can:
- Click a translucent (lighter colored) point to add more points.
- Click an opaque (darker colored) point to remove it.
- Drag any point to adjust the shape.
- Click “Save” to save your changes, or “Cancel” to reverse any changes and exit the “Edit polygon” tool.
Deleting Your Landscape Boundary Drawing
- Click the “Delete polygon” tool on the left side of the map. With this tool, you can:
- Delete a specific polygon by clicking on it, or
- Delete all polygons by clicking “Clear All.”
- Click “Save” to save your changes, or “Cancel” to reverse any changes and exit the “Delete polygon” tool.